OpenControl

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Aug 4 21:02:16 EDT 2014

On 8/4/2014, 2:20 PM, hh wrote:
> Please be cautious with your direct or indirect "rating":

Apologies if it sounded like I was giving a "rating." Your method, and
the others, will work fine for most stacks. I only meant that in this
particular case, it won't.

I have a suite of hundreds of stacks with tens of thousands of cards.
The stacks are created automatically by a building tool based on the
contents of text files, and some cards require specific plugins I've
written. The plugins need to work independently of the larger system.

That's because there is a backscript which is the main heartbeat of the
app, and it changes the state of every card in both openCard and
preOpenCard handlers. Whatever a group sets up is likely to be undone if
it uses any of those messages. That's why I need a message that isn't
included in the backscript. The same thing would apply to a frontscript,
which would change the group state first, and then the backscript would
undo those changes.

I didn't mean to be critical, just explanatory. As I said, any of the
methods various people have suggested would be good solutions most of
the time.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com