OpenControl

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Aug 4 14:05:39 EDT 2014

On 8/4/2014, 12:37 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 6:11 AM, hh <hh at livecode.org> wrote:
>
>> Do all changes in a preOpenCard handler in the group's script.
>

> I believe the original post stated that no openxxx or preopenxxx handlers
> could be used.

Right. Due to this particular setup, inserting (even more) scripts into
front or back, or placing a group on every card whether it needs it or
not, isn't practical. The system is already too large and the messaging
too complex to tinker with at this late stage (going live in a week.)

In this case it isn't a big deal to use separate copies of the group on
each card that needs it because there are only a few. I was just curious
if there was a quick, self-contained trick that would allow sharing the
group. It's too late now to change the messaging that is already in place.

There will be a demo of this project soon, for anyone who is curious
about what I've been talking about for the last 20 months.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com