[TAO] value() to obtain pointer functionality

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 20:52:11 EDT 2014

On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 11:56 AM, Jerry Jensen <jhj at jhj.com> wrote:
> Interesting situation. The dictionary says what goes after the word "the" is the name of the cprop. I'm not sure if a value (the result of evaluating an expression) qualifies as a "name".

Just did a quick test, New Stack, one fld "testField", in the msg box:

put "hello" into fld ("test" & "Field")

works fine, so in some cases the engine can up-front evaluate and
correctly associate it as an object name.

I haven't tested every instance where a name is required and whether
parenthesis can be used, but I'd agree it's inconsistent and therefore
a bug.