Delivering Files with lcServer ?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Apr 25 05:00:50 EDT 2014

Hi Simon:

Well, you helped me figure out a bit more.  Your script works, but not in
the arrangement I'm using (maybe I need to rethink).

I think my problem is I'm trying to trigger the download by reloading the
same page.  I have the lcserver code near the top of the page (note I
simplified your code):

<?lc
   if number of lines in the keys of $_POST > 0 then
      put header "Content-type: application/zip"
      put header "Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=sound.zip"
      put header "Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary"
      put url "binfile:files/sound.zip" into theFile
      put theFile
   end if
?>

Then there'a simple form on the page:

<form method="post" action="index.lc">
   <input type="hidden" name="get" value="true"/>
   <button type="submit">GET FILE</button>
	</form>

If I place only (the modified version of) your code on a simple page and
load it in a browser, it downloads the ZIP as expected.  When I run all of
the above on a page and press the submit button, the raw code of the ZIP
gets written to browser window (Chrome OS X).

So maybe I need to figure out another way of loading a page that contains
the download code.  I've tried using redirects and get the same problem --
raw code in the browser.  I don't get what the difference is between
lcserver.

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director