[Enhancement Request] Open and BackUp in LiveCode DP and RC

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 22:14:15 EDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 2:56 AM, Ben Rubinstein <benr_mc at cogapp.com> wrote:

> It's got various things on it, but the main ones are a big backup+save
> button, and a display of the rev version - actually, the buildnumber(),
> version() and revAppVersion() - so just by glancing at the top-right corner
> of my screen I can check what I'm running.
>
> It would seem from this thread that the LC gurus have all seen the NEED to
hobble something together, and with the current multi track approach and
the constant flow of new DPs, RCs and GMs it would seem that RunRev could
save ALL newbies to LC a 25 year constantly evolving process as described
by Jacque and just include your bare minimum. As mentioned, the ability to
customise LCs IDE to one's own work flow is one of LC's strengths, but I
think EVERYONE would like to be able to easily see at least version() and
have a one button backup option already built in.