How to open a stack at a custom position without flipping?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Apr 23 08:33:38 EDT 2014

Hello,

I would like to open my stack window at the last screen position. Therefore
I store the last position in a ini file, read it in preopenstack at set the
window to the last position in my preopenstack handler. This works so far,
but I have to gotchas.

1.       Though I set a screenlock at the beginning of preopenstack, the
main window with a white/default background opens first at "a standard
position" and flips afterwords to my wanted position. How can I force the
window to open directly at my ini position?

2.       Because there are some other inits in the preopen handler, it takes
about a second to open the first card with content. For this gap, between
opening the first window with the default background and showing my content,
I would like to show a splash screen, but all my attempts showing an image
in preopenstack or openstack or opencard  don't seem to work. The splash
image always shows up, when all other stuff also is ready.

Probably I only have the wrong sequence of statements, but what am I doing
wrong?

Thanks for any ideas

Tiemo