Email Using LiveCode Server?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Apr 21 14:51:20 EDT 2014

Hi All:

I'm wondering if anyone has a working example of sending email from
LiveCode server.

I'm trying to send mail using LC server on a site, and following the RunRev
lesson:
http://lessons.runrev.com/s/lessons/m/4070/l/8184-Sending-Emails-From-revSe
rver-Scripts

LC is working, the mail form is working, everything *appears* to be
working,
but no mail is being sent from the server.  I tried to get the result at
the end of the mail script and all I get is "0". I'm not sure if that
means false, but I suppose that might make sense since no mail is being
sent.  I've looked around online and found related examples, tried some
different flags, but several hours later still no success.  I give up.

Maybe I'm missing some additional file or configuration setting somewhere?

This is hosted on DreamHost if that helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design