LiveCode 7 codepoint question

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Apr 18 17:47:12 EDT 2014

Here is my experiment to look at characters that are multiple codepoints in Japanese.  (This experiment is limited to Katakana.)

(I don’t know Japanese, so I apologize for anything goofy.)

This shows the two-codepoint versions of ド as one character.

On my OS X system, the latter two did not render as one character in the message box, though.  I might be doing something wrong.  When I pasted the output string into mail, one of those combined but the second didn’t—maybe it is intended for use with half-width Katakana.

The output is this:

ト	ド	ド	1	ド	1

Dar

———
on mouseUp
   put numToCodepoint( 0x30C8 ) into kto
   put numToCodepoint( 0x30C9 ) into kdo
   put numToCodepoint( 0x3099 ) into kVoiceMark
   put numToCodepoint( 0xFF9E ) into kHalfVoiceMark
   put kto & kVoiceMark into kdoAlt1
   put length(kdoAlt1) into kdoAlt1N
   put kto & kHalfVoiceMark into kdoAlt2
   put length(kdoAlt2) into kdoAlt2N
   put kto & tab & kdo & tab & kdoAlt1 & tab & kdoAlt1N & tab & kdoAlt2 & tab & kdoAlt2N
end mouseUp
———