Using a package to distribute LC app over ARD

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Thu Apr 17 07:49:38 EDT 2014

I am using Iceberg to create a Mac installer package which contains my LC app. This package is then being used by Apple Remote Desktop to automatically install to multiple Mac's. These Mac's are generally in a logged-out state during the install. All of this works fine, except for this last piece.

After the install, I need to add my app to the users list of Startup items. I know Iceberg can run a post-install script. But I'm not sure if it is possible to add to the Startup items list while the Mac is logged out. If it is possible, perhaps someone can help me create the shell script to do this. I know how to do it with AppleScript, but not with a shell script.

Thanks,
Richard Miller