New Visual Editor ?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Apr 16 08:21:02 EDT 2014

There's a recent Dr. Dobbs article about the historically bad record the
software industry has for delivering accurate estimates:
<http://www.drdobbs.com/architecture-and-design/software-estimation-how-misperceptions-m/240166474>

While your estimates may be consistently spot-on, it seems RunRev's
estimates are more in line with industry averages.

To see what the team is up to the Road Map offers useful guidance:
<http://livecode.com/community/roadmap/>

There we see four major categories of tasks, broken into two groups.
The first group consists of three "strands", related sets of tasks that
form a foundation on which the second group, labeled "Queued", can the
be implemented.

The IDE work is one of the three strands, and a team is currently
working on it.

As Community Manager, part of this role requires me to bring concerns
from the community to the core dev team.  My next meeting with them is
tomorrow. and I'll make this an item on that agenda, encouraging the IDE
team to provide an update on their work in the new UI.

With the engine so very much in flux as we move toward v7, we can expect
that work in the IDE has been somewhat hampered by the need to complete
that version, so I don't imagine they're at a stage where we can expect
nifty screen shots and such quite yet.

But I'll see what info I can find and either the team or myself with
provide you some info on where they are with that.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World