the menuBar and the EditMenus

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Sat Apr 12 17:37:01 EDT 2014

OK, you win, kind of. I was just following what it says in the LC dictionary. By the way, on my Mac -

  set the menubar of stack "myStack" to grp "myMenu" of cd 1 of stack "myStack"

gives an error ('source is not a container'), even though

  put exists(grp "myMenu" of cd 1 of stack "myStack")

returns true

OTOH your construction where you use the long ID obviously works. Maybe the Dictionary should be revised a bit.

Thanks for listening.

Graham