catching closeField and keyUp type events in regular table

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 12:06:49 EDT 2014

I want to catch the tabkey and closefield equivalents in a regular table to
manipulate it, and perform some calculations.

As I understand from other posts, there are frontscripts in button
"revTable" of group "revLibraries" of stack "revLibrary"

But what do I need to do to catch these (and not to shoot my foot off!).

This is a two-column table, for optional labels and for amounts.  It may
get arbitrarily long (so it scrolls), but a couple of dozen entries would
be very rare.

So I want to move any numeric entry in the left column immediately to the
right and reposition, sum the second column, and so forth.  And to notife
when I eave the table entirely.

If I can catch the messages corresponding to closefield, arrowkey, and
tabkey, I already have all the handlers I need.

Also, I find that when I *do* manage to catch a closefield on leaving the
table, it gets called twice, once for the table, and once for the revcell
(which I am currently trapping).

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462