[OT] Xojo

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Apr 10 12:20:10 EDT 2014

Sri wrote:

> I truly think if LiveCode comes up with a different licensing schedule, one
> that allows, for a much smaller fee, people to develop commercial iOS app of
> some restricted size or lines of code (a rough yardstick of project
> complexity), they will be pleasantly surprised by the response.

Let's find out - RunRev delivered almost exactly what you're looking
for, at least as far as providing iOS deployment more affordably for
non-revenue-producing apps:

<http://livecode.com/membership/>

If instead the app is to be sold commercially as part of a business, how
can the business survive if it isn't making enough to cover the cost of
design, development, marketing, and Apple's 30% cut for distribution?

If the segment being pursued is too narrow to be profitable anyway,
there are many ways to benefit from apps than direct revenue.  It may be
both cheaper and more profitable for the app the join the majority in
the app store that are distributed at zero cost to the user.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World