more trouble...

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Apr 2 17:40:18 EDT 2014

On 4/2/14, 12:32 AM, larry at significantplanet.org wrote:
> repeat for each line thisLine in myTrainingLines
>    if the length of thisLine > 5 then
>    put thisLine & return after field myTrainingOps
>    end if
> end repeat
> -- filter field myTrainingOps without empty -- WHY IN THE HECK DOESN'T THIS LINE WORK????
> delete line 11 of field myTrainingOps  -- SO I HAVE TO USE THIS LINE; BUT I KNOW THERE ARE ONLY SUPPOSED TO BE 10 LINES.  WHAT IF I HAVE A VARYING NUMBER OF LINES???

The filter command works. If line "11" appears empty, it's probably due
to the carriage return at the end of line 10 that is pushing the cursor
down. To be sure, put this into the message box when you think you see
11 lines:

    put the number of lines in fld "myTrainingOps"

(Note the quotes around the field name. Always quote all literals.)

Do you get 10 or 11?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com