AW: Localization

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Mon Sep 30 11:24:50 EDT 2013

Column 1 could contain object names or IDs, column 2 would be the labels in
the default language, column 3 would be those labels in another language,
and so on.  Allow row 1 to be the language names with default language
abbreviations in parentheses (en) (ch) (fr) etc.  You can use the first row
to populate a language choice menu.  And the best part is that you (or the
end user) can easily add a language, even Klingon, outside of the
application using a simple text editor.

~Roger

On Sep 30, 2013 6:17 AM, "Tiemo Hollmann TB" <toolbook at kestner.de> wrote:

> I don't know if somebody ever has made a "guide" for localization. I think
> the best approach depends on the quantity of objects of your stacks and
> languages you want to offer. From just copying the cards for each language
> and hard code the language to a sophisticated database with injection of
the
> propriate language on runtime into every object everything is possible.
It's