open process for neither

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Sep 25 00:17:19 EDT 2013

Hi

Can anyone clarify the docs for me on a point:

Use the neither form to run the process without reading data from it or sending data to it. (Using this form is equivalent to using the launch command to start up a program.) Processes opened with the neither form will quit automatically when finished running.

When you quit the application, processes opened with the read, write, or update forms are quit automatically.

The second sentence doesn't mention the for neither form so what I'm hoping is that those processes are independent of the application allowing them to finish whatever they are doing even if the parent app quits.

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services