Inaccurate Android Setup Steps in Livecode's Tutorial

Ray Horsley ray at linkit.com
Tue Sep 24 11:55:10 EDT 2013

I'm attempting to follow these steps to set up my system for some
Android dev work:

http://lessons.runrev.com/s/lessons/m/2571/l/27385-how-do-i-become-an-android-developer-on-a-pc#!prettyPhoto

The first is this link to install the Java SDK:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

but there's no way to "click the first button in a row of four" since
there's no row of four buttons.  Evidently the web page has changed.
There's an icon of a coffee cup but no icon of "only the word Java" as
per the Livecode tutorial steps.

I guessed and went with the Java Platform (JDK) 7u40 download and on the
following screen I chose the Windows x64 variant of "Java SE Development
Kit 7u40" for my 64 bit machine.  This download did not give me an
installer or a wizzard as Livecode's steps detail.  It simply gave me
compressed files.  I decompressed them and continued 'guessing around'
on my own.  In doing so I was able to create a virtual Android, but when
I try to set the "Location of my Android development SDK root" in
Livecode's preferences it complains the folder I've chosen is not a
valid Android SDK folder regardless of which folder in that area I choose.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ray