Converting Python

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Wed Sep 18 07:34:20 EDT 2013

I'm on Waddinghams side here. "Do as <other language>" is integrated with the "alternateLanguages". If something isn't in the alternateLanguages, it does not belong into "do as <other language>". So what you'd probably need to convince him (and me) of, is to find a reliable way to get available languages into the "alternateLanguages", and then make the execution of the language work  with "do" after that.

So the real linux-related problems are therefore:

1. Is there any os-suplied way to query available scripting languages (excluding random executables that do not belong)? For example, simply dumping $path into alternateLanguages is probably too broad and unreliable.

2. Is there a way to run scripting languages without going trough a shell-like wrapper (because mark has said he wants it to work the same as on other platforms)?

In the end, wouldn't your goal be easier achieved with a modified shell() function that allows to pass fields as if they're files (for multi-line scripts)?