sort ... by ... of each is far more powerful than I knew

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 13:32:37 EDT 2013

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 7:10 AM, Mark Schonewille <
m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com> wrote:

> You forget one, although you included length() and abs():
>
> sort lines of myVar by anyFunction(each)

Sure -- I knew about sorting by function, but I didn't know that multiple
references to "each" would work. Beyond that, I was also a bit stunned that
this works:

sort lines of x by item 3 of each > word 2 of item 1 of each

I guess ">" is a function like any other, but I didn't expect it to turn
into "true" and "false" and sort accordingly.