Okay, I think I'm brain damaged -- nope, I figured it out

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 10:29:24 EDT 2013

Well, of the examples I gave the only one that easily automates/optimizes
is:

         put R & "xxxxxxxxxx" into R

It would not be difficult to recognize that and change it to:

         put "xxxxxxxxxx" after R

Many compilers optimize, for example looking for actions taken inside a
loop that can be done outside the loop.

I'm most interested in the gain that comes from enhancing the syntax. The
obvious example is "repeat for each"