Trying a custom handler for several math fields

Vaughn Clement vclement at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 10:34:25 EDT 2013

Hi Craig

I was blessed to have my best friend Brent to work with. This guy is a
wizard at any programming and he has a photographic memory. He did things
with HC that were incredible for the era of the 80's. He mastered HC to
above the expert level. So it is my pleasure to let him know about LiveCode
about a month ago. He recently retired as the chief testing manager for all
arms of the US Military for testing Medical software used to support our
military. He is the guy that makes sure the designs will pass the standards
he wrote for the military software tools.

Getting back to your help response: I am still at the beginner level with
LiveCode so it takes some usage to see it working to reveal the outcome I
am looking for. It is actually an issue being a long time programmer in
other languages because you expect things to work in similar ways. LiveCode
is its own world with a greater degree of scripting required to get
results. For example; setting the money symbol in FileMaker cannot be
scripted, it is added in the inspector similar to LC. BUT, it requires only
one way type of symbol in the inspector to be used so if the app is used in
different countries the user cannot change the symbol. You can type the
symbol into the field and it works fine, but a preset is much nicer. So as
developers do, I created a drop down list that sat in front of the number
fields that had 60 country money symbols in the drop down. The user set the
to a GVar for that symbol on the main screen and it would then change the
entire apps money symbols. I could do the same thing in LC, so you see how
the usage is traded to new development formats. I want to test your
approach because it is the LC way to do things.

Thank you

Vaughn Clement

Apps by Vaughn Clement (Support)
*http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/*
Skype: vaughn.clement
https://secure.join.me/appsbyvclement
FaceTime: vclement at gmail.com
LogMeIn also avaialble
Call on "ooVoo" at address:  vaughnclement or 9282549062
Ph. 928-254-9062
Cloud Hosting Registration Web Site:
https://my.oditech.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=41