Problem with Simple Database lesson 18 from App_Academy_eBook

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Sep 7 05:40:38 EDT 2013

Hi David

I don't have the eBook in question (or maybe I do, but don't remember
where it is :-), - so I'm slightly guessing ...

I guess (or at least hope) that the eBook builds the app - but didn't
make a standalone from it.

The issue you have run into is that once a standalone is built, the main
stack cannot be saved - hence "simple database" aps can't save their
data.   There are various solutions - rather than give a too brief
answer here, I'll point you to a well-written article about it:-)

http://livecodejournal.com/tutorials/saving_data_in_revolution.html

-- Alex.