spitting nails at the IDE

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 10:49:53 EDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 3:00 PM, J. Landman Gay
<jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
> have never seen the message box wander. Since you didn't get a reply when
> you posted it, I suspect no one else has either. To me, it sounds like a
> scripting issue. Maybe you have a script that sets the location of a stack
> or some other object, but it isn't specifying the correct target.

And it occurs to me a few days later: opening the message box entirely
off the screen on startup should be considered an error and bug in all
cases.  And the same for the dictionary.

Common situation:  using livecode with an external screen on a laptop,
and moving the dictionary to that screen.  If the laptop is used
without the screen, the old location is off screen.

There is some, but incomplete, storage of the location of IDE windows.
 I have yet to have one open entirely in my secondary screen on a
reopen, but opening entirely offscreen doesn't seem to bother it.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462