Web Site for my Students

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Mon Oct 28 13:27:24 EDT 2013

Hello everyone,

I used to run a simple web site for my students on On-Rev. Students could use forms to submit quizzes and upload short papers. I’m going to revise the site and run it on my Mac, which has a static IP address. I want to use cookies, and the main information the cookie would store is the unique, seven-digit student ID. Does the following look reasonable?

- Login page requiring student ID and password
- If okay, set cookie, storing student ID
- For every page a student navigates, get their cookie, and use their student ID to confirm who they are so that their name can be displayed on the page, and so that they can submit quizzes and other homework with their ID as part of the submission

Want to keep it simple. Your thoughts would be most appreciated.

Gregory