Jiggly splash screens

Paul Hibbert paulhibbert at mac.com
Sat Oct 26 22:58:26 EDT 2013

Tackling this problem from a different angle seems to help, this works a little smoother (and it works on LC6.5 (dp 2) on Mac OS X 10.8.5 too)…

Set the geometry of the image to scale to all 4 sides of the card and change the image quality to "good" or "best".

on mouseUp
   put the rect of this stack into tStackRect
     set the vis of btn "DEMONSTRATE" to false
     repeat until the width of this stack <= 4
      add 1 to item 1 of tStackRect
      add 1 to item 2 of tStackRect
      subtract 1 from item 3 of tStackRect
      subtract 1 from item 4 of tStackRect
      lock screen
      set the rect of stack "SPLASH" to tStackRect
      unlock screen
   end repeat
   repeat until the width of this stack >=400
      subtract 1 from item 1 of tStackRect
      subtract 1 from item 2 of tStackRect
      add 1 to item 3 of tStackRect
      add 1 to item 4 of tStackRect
      lock screen
      set the rect of stack "SPLASH" to tStackRect
      unlock screen
   end repeat
   set the vis of btn "DEMONSTRATE" to true
end mouseUp

I know some people don't like using the geometry options, but for this exercise it just shifted some of the work over to the engine and each repeat cycle is only updating the screen with one line. You can get away without lock screen but the image shifts a little off centre at the really small sizes. It certainly looks smoother to me.

Paul