Using photos in mobile devices

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Tue Oct 22 20:45:49 EDT 2013

Vaughn,

I'm sorry that I hijacked your questions in order to rant.  I'll try to
balance that by providing some overly basic answers.

I believe the lesson is accurate for iOS.  The size of the image depends on
which iPad model, the megapixel settings, etc.  To choose width and height
parameters that represent proportional scaling of the picture, you first
need to know the width and height of a picture taken with the camera app.
Then decide what width you WANT the picture to be displayed on the screen.
Divide the smaller number by the larger.  That is the scale factor.
Multiply the height with the scale factor.  Now you have both parameters
for taking a proportional picture.

~Roger