Using photos in mobile devices

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Tue Oct 22 16:21:15 EDT 2013

I looked at that lesson, and became so annoyed that I added a comment,
which will probably never be seen because those comments are moderated.
 What was the problem?  Well, I'll start by saying this is supposed to be a
"LESSON", right?  To help noobs, right?  But rather than explain how to
accomplish the same thing on Android, they simply say in a note that the
size parameters will be ignored.  Try the lesson on Android, and you'll
have a photo larger than the screen, and therefore blocking access to the
apps buttons.  Useless!

Why is this anyway?  On android, you must first set the width and height of
the templateimage, then call mobilPickPhoto "camera" -- no x, no y.  If
LiveCode KNOWS that it is running on an android device, why can it not use
the size parameters to set the templateimage size without the need for
special os-specific code?  The #comment makes it sound like Android is
inferior and can't do it, which is wrong.

~Roger

Roger EllerGraphics Systems Analyst
803 N. Maple StreetP: 864-967-1625 Simpsonville, SC 29681C: 864-908-0337
CryovacGraphics.com
CryovacGraphicsPlus.comSealedAir.com
Roger.E.Eller at SealedAir.com