IOS Standalone Settings

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Tue Oct 22 03:44:03 EDT 2013

Vaughn

1 - If you connect your iPad to your mac you can use Xcode to get a
standalone .app file created by LiveCode onto the iPad (as long as your iPad
is included in your Provisioning Profile). There are other ways to get it
onto your iPad, some of them real labour-savers, but for now in your
situation the simplest way is probably to use Xcode

2 - When you are ready to upload your binary to iTunes Connect (using
Apple's Application Loader) you need to zip up your .app file - make sure
you use the 'compress' command within Finder as Apple seems to have problems
accepting binaries compressed with 3rd party compression tools

3 - screen sizes = iPad 1 & 2 (768 x 1024 or 1024 x 768) and iPad 3 & 4
(1536 x 2048 or 2048 x 1536). Application icon sizes = iPad 1 & 2 (iOS6 72 x
72 or iOS7 76 x 76) and iPad 3 & 4 (iOS6 114 x 114 or iOS7 152 x 152)

4 - there are usually up to date resources, b but they can take time to find
and you do need to keep in mind when an article/lesson was published!

Ask again if you come across other issues

Kind regards

Dave

Vaughn Clement wrote
> Hi All
>
> I reviewed all the media in the references and have the following
> questions
> that many newbies may be asking.
>

>    1. The IDE creates the app file as the outcome of running the
> standalone
>    app build. Where is the IPA file created for testing on IOS created? I
> want
>    to test the app before submission on my iPad. I need to bug test the
> app on
>    a real iPad.
>    2. The app file needs to be zipped into a file to send in for review to
>    iTunes. I have sent in many apps via the IOS uploader in the past, I
> want
>    to know if the app files that LiveCode is all that needs to be in the
> file?
>    3. It has been about a year since I submitted my last app for review. I
>    used the 1024 x 768 iPad format standard resolution. Is there any new
>    requirements that I should be aware of for submission?
>    4. Most of the LiveCode reverences in the links are old requirements.
> So
>    I am on new ground on this submission.
>

> Thank you
>
> Vaughn Clement
>
> Apps by Vaughn Clement (Support)
> *http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/*
> Skype: vaughn.clement
> https://secure.join.me/appsbyvclement
> FaceTime:

> vclement@

> LogMeIn also avaialble
> Call on "ooVoo" at address:  vaughnclement or 9282549062
> Ph. 928-254-9062
> Cloud Hosting Registration Web Site:
> https://my.oditech.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=41
>

> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Dave Kilroy <

> dave@

> >wrote:
>
>> Oh well then if you know iTunes Connect, certificates, provisioning
>> profiles
>> and app ids - you'll find the LiveCode standalone stuff a doddle in
>> comparison :)
>>

>> -----
>> "Some are born coders, some achieve coding, and some have coding thrust
>> upon them." - William Shakespeare & Hugh Senior
>>
>> --

-----
"Some are born coders, some achieve coding, and some have coding thrust upon them." - William Shakespeare & Hugh Senior