Why Microsoft Word must Die

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Oct 15 14:57:41 EDT 2013

On 15/10/2013 18:09, Richmond wrote:
> 2. As I use a Nostromo 52 Gamepad attached to my VMware Mac for
> coding; where the keys on the Gamepad
> effectively deliver repetitive sequence rather like macros that aspect
> doesn't fuss me.
But macros *need* to be so much more than simple key repetition !

Even a simple macro (find next occurrence of a string, delete the entire
line it's on) has to do something "intelligent" if there is no next
occurrence of the string, otherwise it will delete the wrong line.

And there is much more intelligence that can be put into editor macros ...

-- Alex.