Why Microsoft Word must Die

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Oct 15 09:31:21 EDT 2013

Tim Selander wrote:
> You don't think it would be nice if it could handle text
> encodings for UTF8, like any other text editor can??

When the engine's Unicode implementation is completed so it can do
meaningful work with it, I'm sure it will.  Probably won't be long now -
the team seem to be making good progress on the final stages of Unicode
work:
<http://newsletters.livecode.com/august/issue155/newsletter1.php>

But looking at the bigger picture, the engine supports an
emacsKeyBindings property and the old MetaCard script editor supported
that along with an option to use any external editor - I wonder what it
would take to have these in LC's script editor?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World