openCard in plugin stacks

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sat Nov 23 17:26:22 EST 2013

I have stack with an openCard handler which executes fine when the stack is
run as a toplevel stack.  When I put the stack into my plugins folder and
set it to run modeless, the openCard handler doesn't execute.

Tried putting answer dialogs at the top of the openCard handler, they never
appear when the plugin runs.  Also tried moving the openCard logic into a
separate handler then calling it from openCard after a wait 0 milliseconds
but still no joy.

I tried using the message watcher to see if I can spot an openCard message.
 Problem is, there are so many messages that they overflow the message
watcher display field and scrolling back to the top of it doesn't get me
far enough back.  I see there is a way to specify messages to exclude but I
don't see a way to specify a list of messages to include - can that be done?

Any ideas on why openCard doesn't fire?  I've run into problems like this
before when a stack is starting up - it seems the LC environment is very
fragile at that point!

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>