Differentiating a substack from a mainstack

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Nov 20 20:09:14 EST 2013

Peter-

> Richard,
> It feels like a bug to me although I think it's a timing issue more than
> anything else.  It does however make it impossible to tell whether a newly
> created stack is a main stack or a substack.

I believe a newly-created stack *is* a mainstack. It only becomes a
substack after the moment of creation when its mainstack/owner
property is changed. But the actual stack creation mechanism is the
same.

Probably not going to help much, but if you set the name of the
templatestack before creating a new stack, the stack name gets updated
before openstack fires:

set the name of the templatestack to "minnie"
new stack "haha"
-- stack "miniie" gets created,
-- and then its name gets set to "haha"

...sorry... I did all my testing from script rather than from the
menubar.

--
-Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com