Is there a reasonable way to use numbers smaller than about 10^-6

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 13:21:38 EST 2013

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com>wrote:

>  Ordinary math seems to peter out at 0.000001.
>>
>> This puts 8.100e-13: put format("%1.3e", (1e0)/(1234567890123e0))
>>
>> So is something like that the best way to go?

My plan so far is just to do the math. If the result is 0, then increase my
timescale by 100,000 and try again. (and repeat as necessary) That way when
there is something overwhelming nearby, extremely distant/small objects
will have 0 effect, but if there is nothing nearby/large, then
smaller/farther objects will be applied across timescales that work for
them.