IOS & Android Bug Updates

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Fri Nov 15 10:38:32 EST 2013

Short answer==>Yes user data is preserved.

I submit updates for both Android and iOS apps. User data is always
preserved. The apps engine data(include files pane) changes(or not) when an
update is installed. The updated app's data is referenced by the "the engine
folder" and is read-only. The user data referenced by "the documents folder"
is always preserved after an update. The user data is only deleted when the
user uninstalls the app or on Android the user "wipes user data" in
settings. It's unclear to me if one can delete user data on iOS without
uninstalling/reinstalling if it is not "jailbreaked". Anyone on this?

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net