Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Nov 14 21:16:07 EST 2013

On 15/11/2013, at 11:21 AM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> I have to say when I heard about this implementation, it seemed a bit
> limited and messy to me.  Why not extend the naming convention to imported
> images as well?
>
> If you create custom controls for people that contain images, you have to
> hand off the images separately and have the recipient re-link everything
> in their app.  Unless I'm missing some other option, this is quite
> inconvenient and prone to problems/mistakes.
>
> Would be happy to find out otherwise.

There's probably no reason why you couldn't continue to import images and swap them manually as button icons.

It does mean a little bit of thought probably needs to go into a new custom control scheme...  I'll raise on the engine list that relative paths for images should be looked for relative to the stackfile a behavior is on if they aren't found relative to the stackfile the image is on.

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services