Array key paths

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Nov 12 17:15:47 EST 2013

Monte Goulding wrote:

 > I'm doing some work with Trevor on Clarify 2 and I learned something
 > I thought I'd share:
 >
 > Apparently multi-dimensional array keys can be specified using a
 > numerically indexed array as a path. Here's an example:
 >
 > put "hello" into tTest[1][2]
 > put  1,2 into tPath
 > split tPath by comma
 > put tTest[tPath] = "hello" -- true
 >
 > Apparently this was in some release notes from long ago. I can't see
 > anywhere in the dictionary it might be. If anyone knows where it's
 > documented in current docs then I won't send a docs bug about it. Is
 > there a general discussion of arrays anywhere?

The team has been doing a much better job of moving info from the
Release Notes into the main docs, but many details from the past, like
this gem and some of the critically important new field features, are
lost to those who don't keep all the Release Notes for every new build
that comes out.

It would seem a worthy effort for the team to have someone spend one day
going through all release notes back to v2.7 and make sure everything
they cover is in the current docs.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World