[OT] SQL question

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Mon Nov 11 17:30:50 EST 2013

It seems Malte is having two problems - how to conditionally update a
column value and how to ensure everything stays locked during the update.

I think this should work:

BEGIN TRANSACTION
INSERT INTO test2 (id,UUID,running_number) VALUES (3,:1,CASE WHEN (SELECT
count(UUID) FROM table2 WHERE UUID=:1)=0 THEN (SELECT first_number FROM
table1 WHERE UUID=:1)+1 ELSE (SELECT MAX(running_number FROM table2)+1 END;
END TRANSACTION

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>