How To Send Before?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Nov 10 18:31:58 EST 2013

Now that we have the before/after additions to mouse events and chained
behaviors, how does one send or dispatch "before mouseDown"

In a control's behavior, I have a "before mouseDown" handler that I want
to trigger from a "before mouseDoubleDown" handler.  But there doesn't
seem to be any way to send a mouse event in a before state (instead, the
standard "mouseDown" message gets sent).

Can this be done?

The problem I'm trying to solve is mouseDown not getting sent/trapped when
a control is repeatedly pressed very quickly.  Using mouseDoubleDown to
call mouseDown is a way to address this issue, but as I said, there
doesn't seem to be any way send the mouseDown message "before" the normal
mouseDown.

Any ideas?

(I tried using Jacque's time machine routine but it keeps sending my stack
back to the point before I tried to send the before message.)

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design