Need advice on MacOS standalones and externals

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Sat Nov 9 21:40:10 EST 2013

Most of my LC work has been Windows-centered, but I need to get some
things running on the Mac, and they involve an external. I've installed LC
and Xcode 5 on a laptop running MacOS 10.8, but I can't get LC to see my
external.

When I make a standalone, LC lets me enable any combination of
"Universal", "PowerPC Only", or "Intel Only". PowerPC is irrelevant, but
which do I choose, Universal or Intel?

Also, when building my external, Xcode lets me choose between 32-bit and
64-bit. Does that have to match the IDE's bit width to use under the IDE?
Does it have to match the standalone to use with the standalone? Which do
I choose?

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com