Anyone else experiencing crashes with Commercial Build 1513?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu May 9 13:16:24 EDT 2013

On 5/9/13 9:44 AM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 7:52 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hanging while attempting to quit the IDE is so common I barely notice when
>>> I force quit; it's been this way since I started last year.
>

>> That's unusual, I think something else is wrong. Apps won't quit if there are pending messages
>> in the queue, or if a process is left open, or if there is any other kind of unfinished business
>> (except for open files, those close themselves.) Is your stack running something when you try
>> to quit? Maybe an external is trying to do something?
>
> I have absolutely no externals.
>
> I actually have to shut off messages to close some stacks, as it can
> take over a minute (on modern macs).
>
> And livecode just not responding and being greyed out in the
> force-quit window is also commn.

I'm pretty sure this behavior is specific to your stacks. I can't
remember anyone on the list ever mentioning it. I've never seen it.

You may have externals running that you aren't aware of. Many of the rev
libraries are actually externals. If you have to turn off messages
before closing a stack, it usually means something is running. You could
look in the pendingMessages queue in the message box and see if there is
anything there. Turn on IDE messages too if you don't see anything in
the default view.

Does this happen only with one stack? Can you quit normally with a new
stack?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com