revOpenDatabase acting differently in IDE and standalone

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed May 1 00:35:12 EDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 7:59 PM, Mike Bonner <bonnmike at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds like something is up with the external for postgres standalone
> building.  You might look in the installation folder for LC 6+, find the
> tools/runtime/windows/x86-32/externals folder, look at the file
> externals.txt and see if it looks right, then also look in the database
> drivers folder and make sure dbpostgresql.dll is there like it should be.
> (if you're still on 6.0 even, working in windows there is a chance its not
> there.. quite a few externals were non-functional in 6.0 windows, but have
> since been fixed in 6.0.1 I think)

I have parallel problems in 5.5.4 (which is where the quoted result
came from) and 6.0.  I haven't managed to get 6.0.1 commercial--and I
need the stack encryption to protect my code; I need to release these
to customers & potential customers.

> Of course do this for whatever platform you're building for.

Mac for the moment, but I need to load Windows, too.

And this kind of variance is *extremely* worrisome--I develop on mac,
but most of my customers are darkside, err, windows . . .

> Make sure the
> external is there for the runtime build. If its not you can look elsewhere
> in the tree to see where the IDE is grabbing it from. (of course if you're
> on a mac, and building for windows there may be no fix except to get 6.0.1)

I'm *trying* to get commercial 6.0.1, but all I've found so far is community.

I *absolutely* need commercial, as I need the stacks encrypted.

> Of course i'm using community, things may be different with 6.0 commercial.
> Its worth a check anyway.

I'll take a peek in the morning--but much of this is beyond my
understanding.   High dimensional matrix calculus, sure, but drivers .
. . .

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462