Challenge: how to set the text of a field

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Mar 29 07:59:29 EDT 2013

This problem is based on the same issue that Pete Haworth ran into:
references to controls within groups placed on multiple cards resolve to
the current card.

Not sure if this would be an option for you, but you could use commands in
the behavior instead of set/getProp and include the card number as a
parameter (argument?), since you'll likely know the card of the group you
intend to modify.

command setMyText pCardNum, pFieldName, pValue
   put the id of me into theID
   set text of fld pFieldName of grp id theID of cd pCardNum to pValue
end setMyText

command getMyText pCardNum, pFieldName
   put the id of me into theID
   return the text of fld pFieldName of grp id theID of cd pCardNum
end getMyText

But when you get down to it, there's no need for this script to be a
behavior.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director