how to play WMV videos on Windows

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Mar 23 14:09:03 EDT 2013

On 3/23/13 10:46 AM, Ralf Bitter wrote:

> Anyhow, I find the player object pretty frustrating and one should not
> have to use Flash and revBrowser for a simple thing like playing video.

I thought LiveCode would use the native Windows API if dontUseQT was set
to true. I think you have to do that on startup, because otherwise the
app will load QT early in the startup process. I haven't ever had to do
that but it is worth a try.

In the IDE you can turn off "Load QuickTime on startup" in the General
pane in preferences while you're testing.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com