datagrids and databases

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 19:25:49 EDT 2013

On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM,  <dunbarx at aol.com> wrote:
> You could certainly load just a part of your data, but why? Unless it is large and you want to see and
>scroll only a relevant section, for visual and user friendliness?

For one of the places I'm using it, loading it all is practical.  Even
so, I'm not sure the DG is a real benefit (although it seems to be
"the" way of doing things)--the rest of the program updates a database
when data changes, allowing simultaneous access on multiple machines.
Updating both the DG and the DB is one more thing to deal with . . .

The debts and asset screen, though . . . a couple of dozen entries,
which can be dependent upon other entries (e.g., second mortgage).
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462