serial numbers on standalones

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Sat Mar 16 13:51:37 EDT 2013

On Mar 16, 2013, at 9:52 AM, Dr. Hawkins <dochawk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Using someone else's key will also put their name and address on the
> output, which is only useful for filing with the court . . .

We used a technique similar to that years ago.  I figured that no respectable doctor would want the practice name of another on their screen.  The deterrent failed horribly.  We found universities that were willing to use pirated software as well as private practices.

I wrote you on the side about the solution we are using for copy protection. It might have landed in your spam folder.
You can experience the SpiceKit solution we developed by downloading one of our products and registering it.

try2020.com

You will find a very professional solution to a problem all developers have. How can we protect our investment without causing pain to our end users. If you have any questions, let me know.

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
canelasoftware.com