serial numbers on standalones

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Mar 16 01:10:14 EDT 2013

On 3/15/13 8:35 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 5:44 PM, Paul Hibbert <lc at pbh.on-rev.com> wrote:
>> I can fully recommend Jacque's Zygodact, its on the RunRev store. It's easy to set up and it is
>> possible to integrate with PayPal if you have an On-Rev account or use revServer.
>
> It's both more and less than I need :)
>
> I've pretty much dealt with registration keys, including the one-use
> keys, which are keyed to both he user name and his client name.
>
> What I'm looking to do is hardcode the serial number, and possibly the
> user name, into the actual executable I distribute without it taking
> ten minutes on a fast machine per copy.

Thanks for the recommendations, P & P. As for the standalones, you'll
have to build one for each customer if you want them customized like
that, but you probably know that. So it won't take any longer for each
one than it takes to build them. If you don't want to edit a custom
property in the stack before building, you can catch the
savingStandalone message and have an automated handler that sets the
property. It will only show up in the standalone and won't be saved to
your stack.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com