Anyone got any clues on this?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Mar 9 11:13:35 EST 2013

Hi Trevor:

Nobody is saying that being on Stack Overflow is a bad thing.  What I and a few others are pointing out is the labor involved in tracking down questions and answering them on SO is greater than being a part of the existing help resources.  All of them have their own communities which have been developed over years, and are just as valid resources as SO -- they provide help to developers who need it.

I can't speak for other folks but what I need in my life is less work, not more.  If SO's subscription service works, that will be good for me, and I will happily do what I can throw in my two cents over there.  But again, and this is just for me, if I have to go hunt down questions and play the voting game to be involved on SO, my involvement will be less.

Best Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design