preparing a stack for printing

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sun Jun 30 18:16:59 EDT 2013

oops, i forgot that I asked this question :(

(un)luckily I still have this nagging feeling i'm doing things wrong :)

the printable area is not the printRectangle, and when I test that by making a rectangle the size of the card while the card is the size of the printRectangle, i get a large right- as well as somewhat down-shifted printouts.

i'm still interested in a more precise/different way to find out the actual width and height of what I can print into (assuming flexibility with allowing any settings to change). This is my current approach:

put item 3 of the printRectangle -  item 1 of the PrintRectangle -
item 1 of the printMargins - item 3 of the printMargins into
myEffectivePrintWidth

put item 4 of the printRectangle -  item 2 of the PrintRectangle -
item 2 of the printMargins - item 4 of the printMargins into
myEffectivePrintHeight

I somewhat suspect the printgutter to maybe shift this around.. haven't tested that tho.