Monte's changing things again

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Sun Jun 23 18:05:33 EDT 2013

I've identified another couple of quirks while working on the properties array that might need addressing in various ways.

The first is setting an image's filename to empty when it's not a referenced image clears the image.. As it would currently return empty for the filename setting it to empty should have no effect in my opinion. This would be consistent with the way colors and patterns behave. The same issue for text of an image.

The second is the short name if the name isn't set returns the abbrev id. If your applying the properties to another object you could end up with an object named "button id 1003" when it's actual id is 1004... I'm guessing to actually change the short name property to return empty instead would upset some folks so I'm proposing that the properties "name" element returns empty in this case...

It's worth pointing out though that this will throw an error on the second line if the name is empty:

put the short name of button 1 into X
put the icon of button X

Cheers

--