6.1 dp2 out now

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 15:26:43 EDT 2013

On 06/23/2013 10:03 PM, Richmond wrote:
> http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/6_1_0/
>
> Richmond.

To which; having downloaded the Linux version of LC 6.1 dp 2 and
attempted an install we
get a "merry little message":

"The installation was not successful.

"Installer slave quit unexpectedly.

Now, I discovered about this update via LC 6.1 dp1, but declined
the offer to upgrade via the IDE . . .

. . . now, for some odd reason, I cannot upgrade via the IDE.

This is, of course, a crock of sh*t for anyone wanting to install
the thing independently.

-----------------------------------

Aah . . . the thing would not install because it was NOT on the disk on
which the
partitions on which my OS reside:

once copied to my "Home" folder, everything went along very smoothly.

Hey, Waddhya-know, NO online reg. anymore.

Big Improvement.

That is still "not very good" that the thing wouldn't play ball from
another disk.
That should be pointed out to Linux users.

Right fire up the Mac and give it a whirl:

No problems there; phew!

Richmond.
Richmond.